Monday, January 31, 2011

Keepin' the train on the tracks

Missed a recent get together with my favorite people. So, that wasn't cool. But we'll all see each other soon and I look forward to it.

I ate once today at dinner and it was reasonable. Other than a small snack, I think I'll be back on track. School is going well. I'm really keeping up with the work and aiming for best of quarter for my E-Learning Design class. I'm more than confident I'll win it. I haven't exactly had much to say. I've been pretty introverted mentally for a week or so, just trying to put things together.

I figured I'd post 3 poems I wrote for Creative Writing class. Show a couple things I've been doing for class. Progress, progress.


To Ponder’ 

It’s often frightening,
But mostly enlightening.
Feeling alone.
Nearest star light years from home.
Where we search for life like our own.
Are humans so large?
Are we really in charge?
Are we ever so small?
Floating on our spherical ball?
These questions, we ponder.
Be there no life form fonder?
Than our existence in the Universe at all?


Gray’

They lurk. Hunting. Two
Opposing shades. Black on White.
Combing through the night.

He stays in the gray.
Just as the color of the
City that they prey.

He dodges. Hopes to 
Evade. Waiting to be saved.
Rid this life for good. 

Highways are perfect.
Endless and free. Beautiful.
Air flowing like Rain.

Glorious escape. 
In more ways than one. Relief.
No such thing as pain.

End of the highway.
Where the lamp posts end. Where he's
Safe till done again.


‘The 
Charming Concerto’

Climactically climbing crooked crescendos.
Tuning tones. Twisting times. Tumbling trills.
Fine fortes. Feisty fortissimo.
Melodic mechanical minds meshing.

My, what a charming concerto

No comments:

Post a Comment