Friday, January 14, 2011

DAY 13/14 11:59AM

Missed yesterday and didn't even realize it!
Well today is January 14th. My moms birthday. I realize more as I get older that it sucks not having a mom around. My mom was really cool, and it kinda sucks that I wasn't able to grow up with her and be her friend. Do mom and daughter things together. Sometimes it makes me angry. Or jealous. When I see others my age with their parents. I remember living in the dorms and no one from my family really ever was there to visit. Even when I moved my things out, I had to do it alone. I'd give anything to have "mom" text message me that I have forgotten my house keys....or that she left pasta in the fridge for me. She used to do a lot of fun stuff with me. I wish she were here, especially when I started college. I miss trips to the beach. To this day, she was the only one who would stay on the beach from 8 in the morning until 7 at night! Late night drives, and listening to Ushers first album in her Toyota. She had a real flare for fun. And I miss that in my life. I do just fine without a Dad. But a mom....now that's something I'm deprived of.
Well, Happy birthday mom.

Yesterday I had my Comparative Religions class. It was much more objective than I initially assumed. But week 9 is our open discussion week. LOL. Can't wait till that one....

Tomorrow, diet starts back full throttle. I know what to expect now when factoring in my school schedule, and I'm ready to handle it. I'm still waking up nice and super early, which is a good feeling. But I don't wanna get lazy again.

Word around the campfire is that there are several jobs floating around near me. Tackling all those possibilities first thing tomorrow morning. Me and the boyfriend. Hopefully it works out.

Now that things have settled a bit, my entries will be less sporadic. I'll be catching up on all the blogs today. I hope everyone's doing well.

love.
thejess.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way with my mom most of the time. We have our moments, but her and my sister are bffs and I usually feel left out.

    Her text messages suck though she asked me a question and instead of texting "Y" she put "z"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Aww. I would assume most moms aren't too awesome with text messages! Hehehe. No matter feel, always remember how special a mom is <3

    ReplyDelete