Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 3 7:01am

I'm awake a lot earlier than initially anticipated. I hate it though. If I were able to have woken up at 10am today, then I'd be in business. Now I have to find a way to not be tired by 4 in the afternoon!

Since I was up early, I decided to do some planning. I went online today and really read the figures and numbers involved with weight loss. I love being a bigger girl, but I am really excited to finally drop all the weight off again. I'll always have someone who loves my body the way it is, but it's a matter of health. With all this extra weight on me. 75 pounds to be exact, I have no energy. That coupled with my tendencies towards laziness are not a good combination.

So, it's time.
I stand 4ft 11inches. And I'm 198 lbs.
If I were 5 ft 5inches...I'd only have to lose about  40 pounds to be a hot tamale. Unfortunately, I am a little person. And little people plus fat equals umpa loompa.

The average body mass index for my height is a maximum of 25. I'm teetering just below a 40. That's only a little less than double what it should be. My heart must be working almost double as hard. With my medical problems, I don't need this extra baggage and weight. I'm not gonna eat when I'm bored anymore. I'm not gonna smoke a bunch of pot and eat candy. Fuck that noise. I'm 24 years old! It's time I get my ass up and stop living like this lump! I have so much creative and comical energy to share with people, but I'm trapped in this fat suit. Well, I'm done with it.

When I used to act and all, I was a comfortable size 5. That compared to my current size of 16. It's a beautiful  voluptuous size, don't get me wrong, but not on a short chick like me. Although Marylin Monroe was a size 16, can I get an Amen! (Not religious but that phrasing seemed to capture the essence of my opinion on the matter)

My smallest size was a 3. I can't even fathom a size 3. I was a knock out for a while there!
So thus begins my quest to fix my physical self. I'm still gonna smoke pot and cigs though....kiss my ass this is America. One step at a time!

But seriously. I keep thinking about Blazer Show. Which, I do a lot. And I recognize the formula that equals TEAM. You see, my partner is like funny as hell. He's also not out of breath all the time. LOL. I need to obtain a physical look that corresponds accurately with who I am. I need a shaped identity to match the mind.

People are fuckin' mean to fat people. Even I'm mean to fat people, and I'm fat! So the hell with this. I'm out. If we were in Ancient Rome, and my nude ass was gracefully eating grapes and guzzling wine, some dude would be painting my thick self. But these are modern times, with modern people. Thin is in. Fat is....well, feel free to add a rhyme of your own.

So I am now so enthusiastic about losing weight. My target weight is 130 pounds. That's nearly 70 pounds away. That's another person. Literally and figuratively.

My new daily calorie intake will be no more than 1,000 calories. This is 200 calories less than recommended. I know I shouldn't, but because I'm not particularly active, and because I've been eating terribly for so long, my body is going to need this cleansing. All drinks replaced by water. 2 walks a day, and a strict diet of 1,000 calories a day. I know I can lose 30 lbs by the end of the semester.

I've decided to look at my old pictures from shortly after high school.





These 2 photos are from 2006.



I cannot believe the photos of myself that I'm unearthing. When I saw full body shots, I was appalled to see the difference. So, I'm not gonna be posting those body shots. Perhaps when I'm feeling a bit more confident. I found 2 pictures. One from early 2006. And another from late 2006. I've found the exact time in my life that I stopped caring about my weight. Because all of the pictures I've seen of myself after this, is when the weight started to come on.



Um...this was a time when I took a lot better care of my body enough to be snapping photos. I want...
<------ this again.

And I'm gonna get it.




This change is going to be insane. I'm pushing so hard to stick to it. It's going to work. And I'm going to succeed. Today I'm going to make sure I go for a walk, and if it's too cold, do one hour of yoga. I'm jotting down calories and taking my vitamins and drinking a ridiculous amount of water, a little more than a gallon in a 24 hour period. I know that weight will drop off a lot quicker at first. I'm hoping this encourages me to keep going!

Today I have to remember to get to Taranova's and refill out that application. Cause thejess needs a job.
Perhaps I'll enjoy this morning doing yoga, writing, and watching some Bill Kurtis Cold Case Files.

Positivity.

thejess.

2 comments:

  1. I know the frustration of being short and over weight. My biggest suggestion to you is to try what I am doing right now because I am super happy with the results so far.

    I was at 190 and I wanted to drop down to 125-130 and I tried everything from acia supplements, low fat diet plus alli, even slim fast, but nothing was working until I ran into kierans sister, who lost 50 pounds! I had to find out how she did it and she told me she went on a semi atkins diet.

    I looked into it and I didn't go crazy buying books or anything, but it was simple no carbs of any kind or sugar for the first 2 weeks. So I only drank water, bought 2 packages of spinach (or salad whatever you prefer) and a couple of packets of tuna (starkist tune in the blue foil, use half of the bag to make your salad because there's a lot) so for 2 weeks I had eggs and sausages for breakfast, and my spinach and tuna salad for lunch with plenty of dressing (no fat free crap), for snacks in between I recommend those cheese sticks you pull and peel to curb your hunger and for dinner some chicken and vegetables with a regular work out of 20-30 minutes a day.

    After 2 and a half weeks I dropped 15 pounds. I didn't have to worry about counting calories or fats, I felt full. It's awesome and so in expensive all that stuff cost me about 30 bucks and last for almost a month! For once I found something that works and think you would like it too! I'm with you man short big girls need to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds about right! When I come across some money with a job I'll invest in some of those suggestions! I eat spinach salad too! I love it. And I LOVE string cheese. All cheese in general! lol.

    2 and a half weeks?! That's insane! I hope to have such success! I really do. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions ! :)

    ReplyDelete