Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Surprises

I am on a beach.
It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
There is no one there, but me.

The water was a shade of blue I never knew existed.
And the sand was fine to the touch of my toes, and white.
The light was bright, and airy, illuminating the beach
with dream-like light from some distant memory.

My skin was golden.
And mist from nearby waterfalls beaded my oiled skin.
My hair was long, and free.
Gently floating around the frame of my face in the soft breeze
that seemed to come from just the right direction.

My soul was at peace.
My mind, at ease.
As I laid out in the sand, with a drink in one hand.
Smile, ear to ear.

And then something changed, shifted.
It was subtle but noticeable.
In the distance over the water, I struggled to see something.
The ocean rose suddenly on the horizon.

At first it was fascinating
But soon struck a chord within me.
Within moments, I was scared.
In a sudden flash of horror and acceptance,

the ocean swallowed me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment